August 29, 2011

An Exclusive Interview With Newcomer Nicole Nirvana!

Move Over Beyonce! Nicole Nirvana's Now On The Scene!
Beyonce, Rihanna, Pink, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, and Fergie … some of the names that in the last several years have exploded onto the contemporary pop music scene; not only for their explosive music, but also for their visual antics. Let’s add one more to that group: Nicole Nirvana. This Washington-native is about to burst onto the music scene with a fantastic, atmospheric song called “You Just Don’t Know,” from her new album Life & Love.

Mixing vocal acrobatics with a propulsive production (from David Masterz) the record has become engaged in a bidding war of sorts in the always curious record business; always a good thing when breaking into the biz. We spoke to Nicole from her recording studio in Washington; with producer Masterz in the background.

The MacWire: You first job was at a record company, right? Record Label 60. I bet your were like a sponge soaking up all the intel you could? Nirvana: Definitely. The more I listened, the more I understood how to navigate these treacherous waters. My favorite song is Toni Braxton’s  “Unbreak My Heart” and ever since that, I knew I wanted to perform.

The MacWire: What was the first concert you ever attended?
Nirvana: Immature in DC at the old Verizon Center. I loved it.  I was bitten by the bug!

The Macwire: On the new album, Life &Love … the production is almost as noteworthy as your voice. What’s the story behind that. And, we absolutely love the track "Groove To Your Groove."
Nirvana: The production is Dave Masterz; his style fits my voice perfectly.  When we’re in the studio, we’re two parts of the same instrument.

The MacWire: I also see you’re a big Celine Dion fan. Her voice is an amazing instrument, right?
Nirvana: Celine Dion epitomizes everything as it should be for an empowering female artist. Her voice, her emotion … spot-on perfection.  I couldn’t think of a better role model.

MacWire: What’s the game plan for you right now?
Nirvana: Once we determine the best way to distribute the album, I’m going out on tour.  We’re doing a terrific show; believe me, it’ll be as atmospheric as the record. I want the audience to have as much fun as I do on stage.

The MacWire: Who else in your playlist?
Nirvana: Sade, Cher, Bell Biv Devoe, Gaga, and, Toni Braxton.  I think I have a very well-adjusted attitude to the business.  I actually have already identified 2 other acts I’d love to work with, and have Dave produce.

The MacWire: Well, there certainly hasn’t been this wealth of female-talent out therefor quite some time.
Nirvana: That’s why I think this record is coming at the perfect moment. Look at the artists who have come from the U.K. Just an amazing array of talent. In fact, I can’t wait myself to get there and perform.



(Photo Courtesy The Salidor Company)
Post a Comment