October 26, 2011

Amy Winehouse Was Poisoned by Alcohol

Singer Amy Winehouse was more than five times the legal drink-drive limit when she died, an inquest heard today.

A verdict of death by misadventure has been recorded at the inquest into the death of the star,after a coroner heard how Winehouse hit the bottle after being dry for three weeks and was poisoned by alcohol.

The star, as famous for her battle with drink and drugs as for her singing ability, was found in bed in her Camden flat, in north London, on July 23.

The Back to Black hitmaker had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. The driving limit is 80mg.
Post a Comment