January 15, 2012

Eddie Van Halen Donates 75 Guitars To Public Schools


Eddie Van Halen
has donated 75 guitars from his private collection to the Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation, an organization which promotes music education in public schools.

The instruments will be donated to schools throughout the Los Angeles area which currently do not have enough instruments for their students.

In a statement, Van Halen said music education ought to be accessible to all:

"Music kept me off the streets and out of trouble and gave me something that was mine that no one could take away from me. Music education and families are dealing with the economic times, and I wanted to help them. If I can help a kid discover a liking, or even a passion for music in their life, then that's a wonderful thing. Music has provided a good life for me and hopefully it can help make life better for others with this donation."

Van Halen will release A Different Kind of Truth on February 7.
Post a Comment