January 27, 2012

Iggy Pop Is Record Store Day 2012 Ambassador


Iggy Pop will be the Record Store Day 2012 ambassador.

The punk rocker said of the honor: "As Record Store Day Ambassador for 2012 I feel like a representative from some exotic jungle full of life and death and sex and anger, called upon to wear a leopard skin and translate joy to the world of the dead."

He added that record stores formed his musical career: "I got my name, my musical education and my personality all from working at a record store during my tender years. Small indie shops have always been a mix of theatre and laboratory. [. . .] Clerks in these places became managers, (like Brian Epstein), label heads, (Jac Holzman) and faces on album covers (like me)."

Record Store Day takes place every year on April 21 and features exclusive releases and special shows to celebrate independent record shops.
Post a Comment