April 6, 2012

American Idol Elimination: Deandre Brackensick Cut From Competition


Deandre Brackensick may have wowed judge’s Wednesday with his rendition of “I Like It,” but fans apparently were not as enthusiastic. Brackensick was sent packing on Thursday night’s results show.

The 17-year-old was joined in the bottom three by Hollie Cavanagh and Elise Testone. It was the second week in a row that Cavanagh found herself in danger of going home. Mentor Jimmy Iovine felt all three deserved their spots in the bottom three.

"Hollie's problem is that she's approaching this like a high school performer, and last night wasn't even a good high school performance," he said.

As for Brackensick, Iovine said he was “not great.”"He was the weakest of the boys last night,” he said.

Finally, Iovine said he felt Testone blew her performance. "She didn't even sing the tune," Iovine added.

After host Ryan Seacrest sent Cavanagh and Testone back to safety Brackensick took the stage to sing for the judge’s save, but Jennifer Lopez was the only one willing to use it. Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler let Brackensick go. Lopez delivered the bad news.

“You're an amazing performer. I stand by that. I think that you have an amazing voice and you're going to share a lot with the world. I really do believe that. I only get one vote. I'm sorry – we're not saving you tonight. I'm sorry, baby,” she said.

Backstage after the show Brackensick told Us Weekly magazine he is okay with his elimination. “So I wasn't ready for America right now. Maybe in a couple months, maybe tomorrow you never know," he said. “I agree with them 100 percent, and I agree with the judges and Jimmy and what happened. You know, I wish I was still going forward but I am grateful I got to this point.”
Post a Comment