May 21, 2012

Katy Perry Debuts New Song 'Wide Awake'

Splash
Katy Perry debuted her latest track, "Wide Awake," on Sunday, May 20 at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.

The song is the latest single from her Teenage Dream: the Complete Confection album, and was written for her upcoming film Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D.

Perry, speaking with MTV, says that the track was intended to have appeared on the original version of Teenage Dream, but was pushed onto the deluxe edition:

"Well, there were two songs that I had fromTeenage Dream that I couldn't put on, it was 'Part of Me' and 'Dressing Up.' And then I knew we were doing the re-release and so I was like, 'I got to get in the studio,' because I can't wait eight months to be able to put out this feeling that I'm feeling right now, 'cause God knows it would take eight months to do another record."

Post a Comment