December 14, 2012

Amanda Bynes Escapes Facing Hit And Run Charges In Court

Amanda Bynes is reportedly out of trouble in two of the legal cases against her. According to reports, two misdemeanor hit-and-run charges were dropped in a Van Nuys, California courthouse this week. A source says Bynes’ lawyer Richard Hutton was able to have the charges dismissed after Bynes reached a financial settlement with the victims in both of the hit-and-run incidents.

Hutton “advanced the case and went in early to avoid the media, and the judge signed off on the deal in which the prosecutor also approved,” according to an insider speaking to RadarOnline.com.

"Amanda Bynes was able to reach a civil compromise in both of her hit and run cases. The two separate victims agreed to dismiss the charges after a financial settlement was reached with both. This is routinely done when both sides are able to come to an agreement, and there really is no need to pursue legal charges because damages to their respective vehicles was paid for,” a source said.

Bynes, 26, previously pled not guilty to both charges, which stemmed from accidents in April and August.

The troubled actress must still face a DUI charge and two counts of driving with a suspended license in separate cases.
Post a Comment