September 19, 2013

Elton John Lauds Young Artists, Then Mixes His New Songs With Old



At 66 years old, Elton John says he can make whatever kind of music he wants, regardless of commercial pressure, but he professes to love what young musicians are doing today.

At a rare free concert in Los Angeles on Monday night, John told the audience that it's time to turn over the spotlight to younger artists, even as he prepares to release his 30th solo studio album "The Diving Board."

"I (my music) don't play on the radio. It's other people's turn. But at my age, I can do what I want," the British singer-songwriter, clad in his usual long glittering coat, said on Monday during a question-and-answer session between concert segments at the University of Southern California.
Read more at China Daily

Need More Elton? Check out our special section here!

Please follow The Mac Wire  on Twitter and Facebook.

Post a Comment