September 6, 2013

Katy Perry Reveals 'Radiant' Prism Cover


Hours after she premiered her jungle-themed video for "Roar," Katy Perry woke up early on Friday (September 6) to appear on "Good Morning America" to debut her Prism album cover.

The simple cover art for the October 22 release features the singer standing in the rainbow-hued sunlight. "I shot it with this amazing New York photographer named Ryan McGinley. And I just wanted it to be pure and radiant and full of light," she said on "GMA" about the image, which she shot in upstate New York.

"The reason why I named the record Prism is because, you know, for a minute I was going through a transitional period in my life. It was a little bit dark, yes, but it was kind of like what they call your return of Saturn; it's when you're about to go into your 30s and you actually have to be an adult," she explained. "But, you know, I embrace the light. I let the light in and it influenced all my songs and then I get to kind of beam the light out to all my fans through these songs. I want to make people happy, and smile."
Source: MTV


Need  More Katy Perry? Check out our special  section,  here!

Please follow The Mac Wire  on Twitter and Facebook.

Post a Comment