September 28, 2013

On The Cover: The Katy Perry Billboard Interview


Katy Perry  talked to Billboard about how her split from Russell Brand influenced some of the songs on her new album,  Prism, such as the not-yet-released tune "Ghost," in which she sings, "You sent a text, it's like the wind changed your mind," in reference to her ex-husband  informing her via text message that he was divorcing her.

And the song "By the Grace of God," Perry added, "is evident of how tough it really was at a certain point. I asked myself, 'Do I want to endure? Should I continue living?'

"All the songs are real-life moments. I can only write autobiographically," she says. "I put all the evidence in the music. I tell my fans if they want to know the real truth about stuff, just listen to the songs."

For the record in case you didn't know Katy Perry  became the first woman, and second artist overall following Michael Jackson, in the 55-year history of the Billboard Hot 100 to have five songs from the same album at No. 1. Meanwhile, Perry does one up  better.  With the rapid ascent of "Roar" -- the instantly ubiquitous first single from the upcoming "PRISM," due Oct. 22 -- the pop superstar  has tied Rihanna for the most No. 1s on the Pop Songs tally with her ninth chart-topper. At this point, industry insiders suggest Prism will equal Teenage Dream in  multi-platinum super success.


Need  More Katy Perry? Check out our special  section,  here!

Please follow The Mac Wire  on Twitter and Facebook.

Post a Comment